Philippine Visas and Immigration Services


Nationals from any one of the countries on this list may enter and stay in the Philippines without a visa. Upon arrival, they will be granted a Visa Waiver, allowing them to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days. The Waiver may be extended for another 29 days if the holder applies for an extension before the end of the 30 days and pays the extension fee.

Staying longer than 30 days?

If you plan to stay longer than 30 days, you may apply for a temporary visitor’s visa, which is available for various durations and numbers of entry, such as single entry, 3 months valid; multiple entry, 6 months valid; and multiple entry, 1 year valid. Temporary visitor’s visas may be extended more than once, and each extension may be valid for another two to six months.

If you stay longer than 59 days in the Philippines, you will need to get an Alien Certificate of Registration Immigration (ACR-I) card. An ACR-I card holder enjoys certain benefits, such as the privilege to open a bank account and get a local driver’s license.

If you’re a foreign national married to a Philippine citizen, you may enter the country without a visa by getting a Balikbayan Stamp upon entry. This allows you to stay in the country for one year, extendable for another six months. You are also eligible for a Resident Visa (13A), which is initially valid for one year, and renewable thereafter for 10 years.

If you want multiple-entry status and an indefinite length of stay, a good option is the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV). The SRRV is granted to foreign nationals who are at least 35 years old and have chosen to retire in the Philippines.

SRRV holders are required to maintain a visa deposit amount (depending on the SRRV type they select) in any local bank accredited by the Philippine Retirement Authority. An SRRV comes with other special privileges, such as exemption from securing an ACR-I card, tax-free importation of personal effects, and others.

To explore the diverse range of visas offered in the Philippines, check out our guide on Types of Visas Available in the Philippines

Work visas and permits

  • If you plan to work and/or invest in the Philippines, you need to acquire the appropriate visa and/or work permit.
  • If you’re planning to stay and work in the country for six months or less, you only need to secure a Special Work Permit.
  • If you’re staying longer than six months for work or investment purposes, your visa options include:
  • Pre-arranged employment Visa (9g) – this is given to foreign nationals with employer sponsorship
    Treaty Trader’s Visa(9d) – this is granted to nationals of countries with which the Philippines has a bilateral trader agreement, currently Japan, the U.S.A. and Germany
  • Special Non-immigrant Visa (47a2) – this is given to foreign nationals with sponsorship by an employer engaged in specific businesses, such as PEZA or BOI-registered companies, and government projects. This visa type limits a company’s foreign employees to only 5% of its total workforce
  • Multiple entry special visa under RA 8756 – this is given to foreign nationals who are executives of Regional Headquarters or Regional Operating Headquarters
  • Special Investor’s Resident Visa – this is granted to foreign nationals who are willing and capable of investing at least US$75,000 in qualified activities in the country 

Foreign nationals working in the Philippines for more than six months also need to obtain an Alien Employment Permit (AEP), which is valid for one to five years. The AEP is a prerequisite to getting a visa.

Pending the approval of the AEP, foreign nationals must obtain a Provisional Work Permit, which is valid for three months or until their AEP is secured.

Explore our comprehensive visa and immigration services page for a detailed overview of how we can assist you with your immigration needs.

Need expert guidance and assistance? Contact FilePino today!

Landline: (02) 8478-5826
Mobile: 0917 892 2337


Register your Business Now!

Ready to establish your business in the Philippines? Let FilePino guide you through every step, from efficient registration to navigating government agencies hassle-free.

Was this helpful?



New to doing a business in the Philippines or launching a start up company? Avoid the hassle of painful paperwork and register your business fast!

Setting up a company in the Philippines requires you to register your business with government agencies like the BIR, SSS, Philhealth and PagIbig

New to doing a business in the Philippines or launching a start up company? Avoid the hassle of painful paperwork and register your business fast!


FilePino makes it easy for you. We have the most common Philippine business contracts and forms that are available for download.

Share this article

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.