How to bid for Government Projects: Your guide to PCAB License Registration

How to bid for Government Projects: Your guide to PCAB License Registration

The Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) is a government agency attached to the Department of Trade and Industry and is one of the implementing Boards in the Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (CIAP).


R.A. 4566 as amended by P.D. No. 1746, otherwise known as the Contractors License Law, provides that no contractor (including sub-contractor and specialty contractor) shall engage in the business of contracting without first having secured a PCAB license to conduct business. It is an offense to engage in contracting business without a license first being obtained.


All architects and engineers preparing plans and specifications for work to be contracted in the Philippines shall stipulate in their invitation to bidders, whether a resident of the Philippines or not, and in their specifications that it will be necessary for any bidder, whether contractor, sub-contractor or specialty contractor, to have a license before his bid is considered.


PCAB Office provided an online portal application due to Covid19 situation. The portal link is provided here:https://pcabgovph.com


What is the purpose of the PCAB License?

The purpose of the R.A. 4566 is to ensure, for the safety of the public, that only qualified and reliable contractors are allowed to undertake construction in the country. The law also aims to promote for the benefit of the public and private sectors and for the national interest, the orderly growth of the contracting sector and the upgrading of construction capability.


Types of Contractor’s License


  • Regular License: This is issued to a domestic construction firm under a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation.
  • Special License: This is granted to a joint venture, a consortium, a foreign contractor, or a project owner who authorizes the licensee to engage only in the construction of a single, specific project or undertaking.


How to Register as a Licensed Contractor under the PCAB?

The applicant must submit the accomplished application form, together with the supporting documents and requirements, and pay the corresponding upfront fees to the Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (CIAP) offices located at the DTI regional and provincial offices. Check the list of requirements here.


Please note that the Filipino-Foreign equity must be at least 60-40%. If you are looking at certain specializations to engage in or you wish to join a public bidding, you’ll need to have formed your corporation appropriately to ensure that you have the sufficient capital to meet these goals.


Let Filepino help you. Reach out to us through the following:

Landline: (02) 8478-5826

Mobile: 0917 892 2337

Email: [email protected]