Change of business address (Part 2): Getting a new business permit

Change of business address (Part 2): Getting a new business permit

Changing the location of your business is not an easy process, but in the long run, a more business-savvy and strategic address could spell success for your enterprise.


Check out part 1 [link to part 1] of our guide to changing your business address. It will be efficient to do each process in order, so make sure to first complete all the necessary paperwork that establishes your old business address is no longer active.

Once this has been accomplished, here are the next steps you need to take to establish your new business address:


  1. Barangay Clearance

Obtain the proper documents to register your new business at its new location.

If your business is a corporation or partnership, you would need the following:

  1. A Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Certificate of Incorporation

  2. The Land Title for your new address and a Tax Declaration, but only if you own the property that the business is built on

  3. The Partnership Contract of Lease, if you’re renting the new business space

If you’re moving your business to a condominium or a subdivision, you will need to provide an extra document – a certification from the homeowners’ association of the building or subdivision that you can operate in the premises.


  1. Mayor’s Permit

The Mayor’s Permit is also known as the Business Permit and is processed at the city or municipal hall. It is a requirement to operate in any municipality or city. The procedures and requirements may vary depending on the location, so you need to inquire about them with the municipal or city hall of your new location.


Before you can get a Mayor’s Permit, make sure that you have already registered your business at the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) for single proprietorship or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for a partnership or corporation. You must also first secure a Barangay Clearance.

Submit your application and all other requirements at the necessary office, and pay the application fee. Once this is done, you need to obtain a few more documents through the following process:

  1. Present the application form to the fire department to receive a Fire Permit

  2. Bring the application to the Sanitary Division of the City Hall and get a sanitary permit. The following tests will be scheduled and done at your new location:

    • A microbiological analysis of the water

    • A pest control inspection. The Sanitation Division has a list of accredited pest control companies, so make sure your inspection is done by someone on their list

    • A health certificate for all your employees


Pending these tests and requirements, you will receive a temporary sanitary permit, which you will need in acquiring a mayor’s permit.

Once all of this is done, you can head to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) to get your company’s new Certificate of Registration.

You are almost done with the process, but there’s still one last step to accomplish to complete your change of business address.  
To know more, call FilePino at +1.806.553.6552 in the US or +63.917.8922337 in the Philippines.